Let's Get Cooking
Air Fryer Fried Eggplant Rounds
we're talking about healthy fried eggplant recipes you can do using your trusty air fryer! This recipe is straightforward to make and is a lot lower in calories & fat compared to traditional fried eggplant using hot oil.
- 1 Eggplant
- 2 Cups Panko
- 2/3 Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TBSP Milk
- Handful of Parsley 1 tsp if dried
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Pepper
- 1 TSP Cayenne Pepper Optional
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Fresh Tomato Sauce Optional
- Begin by slicing your eggplant into 1/4 inch slices and lightly salt. Let your eggplant set for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, pat your eggplant dry-ensuring all the moisture is gone.
- In three separate bowls, add your parsley & panko breadcrumbs, eggs & milk, flour, cayenne, pepper, and salt.
- Dredge your eggplant in your flour mixture, then eggs, and lastly, your panko and set aside.
- Once all your eggplants are coated, add to your air fryer, lightly coat with olive oil and cook at 350 degrees for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy!
Calories: 300kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 7gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 1678mgPotassium: 523mgFiber: 6gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 507IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 111mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!