Welcome back to another amateur recipe you can do right at home! If I can do it, so can you.
Today we’re talking about healthy fried eggplant recipes you can do using your trusty air fryer! This recipe is straightforward to make and is a lot lower in calories & fat compared to traditional fried eggplant using hot oil.
Ready to get into it? Check out the full recipe instructions down below!
Let's Get Cooking
Air Fryer Fried Eggplant Rounds
we're talking about healthy fried eggplant recipes you can do using your trusty air fryer! This recipe is straightforward to make and is a lot lower in calories & fat compared to traditional fried eggplant using hot oil.
- 1 Eggplant
- 2 Cups Panko
- 2/3 Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TBSP Milk
- Handful of Parsley 1 tsp if dried
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Pepper
- 1 TSP Cayenne Pepper Optional
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Fresh Tomato Sauce Optional
- Begin by slicing your eggplant into 1/4 inch slices and lightly salt. Let your eggplant set for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, pat your eggplant dry-ensuring all the moisture is gone.
- In three separate bowls, add your parsley & panko breadcrumbs, eggs & milk, flour, cayenne, pepper, and salt.
- Dredge your eggplant in your flour mixture, then eggs, and lastly, your panko and set aside.
- Once all your eggplants are coated, add to your air fryer, lightly coat with olive oil and cook at 350 degrees for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy!
Calories: 300kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 7gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 1678mgPotassium: 523mgFiber: 6gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 507IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 111mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!