Fall is here, and so are delicious fall recipes! Today, we’re talking about my delicious recipe for butter squash ravioli with brown butter and sage sauce. The star of this dip? Pasta Travola’s Butternut Squash and Smoky Mozzarella. Prepare to be making this super easy recipe all fall and winter!
Ready to get into it?
Let’s Talk Pasta Travola
Pasta Travola is an Ontario-based pasta company focusing on bringing delicious pasta recipes straight from Nonna herself. Victoria and Paula now have six different kinds of ravioli and three sauces available in over 100 stores across Canada! From classic four-cheese to vegan sausage and fennel (yes, vegan), Pasta Travola has you covered to enjoy a delicious Italian-inspired dish that makes you feel like Nonna made it herself.
My favourite part about their products are that they’re made with simple ingredients. What you think will be in your ravioli and sauce is exactly what’s actually in it. As an Italian myself, I was taken aback by the quality of the ingredients and just couldn’t put my fork down even if I tried! For this recipe, I chose to go with the Butternut Squash with Smoky Mozzarella Fall since we’re now officially in fall. I paired these ravioli with a delicious brown butter and sage sauce, with some crunchy pistachios I know you’ll love! Keep reading to get the full recipe!
My Recipe for Butternut Squash Ravioli
Tips for the Perfect Butternut Squash Ravioli
What to Serve with Butternut Squash Ravioli
When it comes to a delicious recipe for butternut squash ravioli, your choice of sides can really elevate the meal. A crisp, garden-fresh salad with a tangy balsamic vinaigrette is a perfect accompaniment, offering a refreshing contrast to the rich, creamy ravioli. You can also opt for some garlic breadsticks or toasted garlic spinach for added texture and flavor. For a complete and satisfying meal, don’t forget a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese on top. Bon appétit!
Why You'll Love It
Let's Get Cooking
Recipe for Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter & Sage
- 1 Package Pasta Travola's Butternut Squash & Smokey Mozzarella Ravioli
- 1/4 cup Butter Salted
- 1/4 cup Pistachios Chopped
- 8 Sage Leaves Fresh
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/2 cup Romano Cheese
- 1/2 cup Spinach
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Begin by bringing a large pot to a boil. Once boiling add your ravioli and cook for 6 minutes or per package instructions
- In a pan set to medium add your butter. Once melted add in your garlic and pistachios. Let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in your sage leaves and spinach, stir and cook for about a minute.
- Add your white wine and let cook for a few minutes. Your sauce will look kind of sad. Don't panic.
- Once your pasta is cooked, remove about 1/2 cup of water for your sauce. Add your pasta, pasta water, and romano cheese to your pan and stir until your ravioli are evenly coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Storage & Leftovers
Storing leftover butternut squash ravioli is a snap. Just pop them in an airtight container and toss them in the fridge to preserve those delicious flavors. They’ll keep well for a few days, and when you’re ready to enjoy them again, gently reheat in a pan with a smidge of butter or olive oil to maintain that delightful tenderness. Feeling adventurous? Add them to a salad or soup for a fresh take on leftovers. With butternut squash ravioli, even reheating is a culinary delight!