We’re back with another recipe by yours truly- an amateur at-home cook who knows how to use an air fryer.
Today’s recipe is the most delicious air fryer zucchini sticks with Low Fat Aioli dipping sauce- the snack that will have you coming back for more!
What makes this zucchini recipe to the next level is this delicious, mouthwatering, and ridiculously easy low-calorie garlic aioli, which I promise is just as good as full fat, full-calorie aioli.
Why Air Fry Zucchini Sticks?
The beauty of air frying zucchini sticks is the amount of oil you DON’T end up using. In total, for this recipe, I use 2 TBSP of olive oil in comparison to using 2-3 cups of canola or vegetable oil to deep fry them. This leaves you with a healthier, lower-calorie option that tastes just as good as your deep-fried friends.
Secondly, compared to using a flaming pot of oil on your stove, which you can easily burn yourself- the air fryer is a MUCH safer way to cook to get the same result.
Air Fryer Zucchini Sticks with Low-Calorie Aioli
Today's recipe is the most delicious air fryer zucchini sticks with Low Fat Aioli dipping sauce- the snack that will have you coming back for more!
- 2 Zucchini
- 1 Container Panko
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- Handful Parsley or 1 tsp dried
- 1 TBSP Salt
- 1 TSP Cayenne Pepper Optional
- 3 Eggs
- 1 TBSP Milk
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Low Fat Aioli
- 1/2 Cup Low Fat Mayo
- 1 TBSP Lemon
- 1 Minced Garlic Clove
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Slice your zucchinis into 3 flat pieces like the photo above and sprinkle salt on both sides.
- Let your zucchini sit for 15 minutes and pat dry with a paper towel-soaking up ALL the water. This step is critical.
- Once dry, cut in half, then in 3 lengthwise
- Arrange your 3 bowls for dredging your zucchini. First, your flour, cayenne, parsley (chopped), and a pinch of salt. Second, your eggs and milk, and third just your panko.
- Choose a hand for the dry bowls and the other for the wet. Dredge your zucchinis and set them aside on a plate.
- Mince your garlic and add into a small-medium size bowl
- Add in your mayo, lemon, a pinch of cayenne & salt.
- Every air fryer is different, so timing may be different depending on which one you have. Also, you will need to do multiple batches for this recipe.
- Arrange your sticks in your air fryer, making sure you DON'T overlap them. With a basting brush, lightly spread some olive oil over your sticks.
- Cook at 400 for 5 minutes, then flip, re olive oil, and put on for another 5 minutes.
Calories: 251kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 5gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 505mgPotassium: 342mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 437IUVitamin C: 20mgCalcium: 65mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!