Welcome back to another amateur recipe; if I can do it, so can you!
Today we’re talking about the healthier dessert nachos with this apple nachos recipe! I decided to go with classic peanut butter & chocolate for this recipe since it is the perfect pairing with any apple slice.
Let’s talk about what apple nachos actually are. But, first, you’re going to get your hand on your favourite apple. For this recipe, I suggest going with crunchier apple-like Cortlands, Honey Crisp or Granny Smiths.
Instead of actual nachos, your apple becomes your chips, leaving you with a naturally healthier alternative. For your topping, you can really do whatever you want. For this recipe, I chose to go with chocolate, natural peanut butter, and chopped walnuts.
Some other great alternatives for your drizzle would be greek yogurt, honey, or caramel. For your topping, you can go with sliced almonds, mini chocolate chips, and, dare I say, sprinkles.
This is a great recipe to try with the family for a Sunday afternoon treat or after-school snack. So take advantage of those apples you picked at your local orchard, and let’s get cooking!
Let's Get Cooking
- 2 Apples Your Choice
- 1 TBSP Melted Dark Chocolate
- 1 TBSP Melted Peanut Butter
- 1 TBSP Nuts Your Choice
- Begin by slicing your apples into equal pieces. about the thickness of a cracker.
- Arrange on your plate starting from the outer ring and working your way to the middle.
- Microwave your peanut butter & chocolate in the microwave for 10-second intervals until completely melted.
- Drizzle your peanut butter & chocolate on top of your apples & sprinkle your chopped nuts.
- Take an instagrammable pic and enjoy!