We’re back with another amateur recipe you can make right at home and get you one step closer to achieve those health & fitness goals!
Today’s featured recipe is a healthy peanut butter stir fry served with fresh vegetables, ground turkey and rice! This recipe is under 500 calories per serving, is ready in under 30 minutes, and is the perfect addition to your healthy living journey!
The secret ingredient to this recipe is using powdered peanut butter instead of traditional peanut butter. This helps cut down on the amount of fat and calories you’d get from using a normal jar of Kraft or JIF peanut butter.
Ready to get into it? Let’s get cooking!
Peanut Butter Stir Fry with Rice
Today's featured recipe is a healthy peanut butter stir fry served with fresh vegetables, ground turkey and rice! This recipe is under 500 calories per serving, is ready in under 30 minutes, and is the perfect addition to your healthy living journey!
- 1 Lbs Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup Rice
- 3-4 Cups Mixed Vegetables
- 10 Leaves Fresh Basil
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 TBSP Chili Flakes Optional
- 1 TSP Salt
- begin by cutting your veggies and setting them aside in a bowl. Mince your garlic and add to a small-medium sauce bowl (you will be making your sauce in here)
- Fill your pot with water for rice (as per instructions) and set on medium or high.
- Bring a large pan to medium heat and add in your ground turkey. Cook until completely brown, then set aside.
- In the same pan, begin cooking your veggies for 5 minutes.
- While your veggies are cooking, combine your garlic, soy sauce, honey, chillies, peanut butter, and water in your garlic bowl. Make sure everything is smooth and the peanut butter has no lumps.
- After 5 minutes, add your turkey and sauce to your pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. At this point, your rice should be done.
- After adding your sauce, take your basil leaves, tear them into small pieces, and add your stir fry. Stir until combined.
- After 2-3 minutes, your dish is ready to serve! If you happen to have leftovers, I suggest storing the rice and stir fry separately.
** you can use regular peanut butter for this recipe, but keep in mind the calories will be higher.
Calories: 461kcalCarbohydrates: 67gProtein: 42gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 842mgPotassium: 765mgFiber: 9gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 7657IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 77mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!