It’s Whipped Greek Feta Dip time!
Today, we’re talking about the tik tok famous greek feta dip recipe! This vegetarian recipe is super easy to make with only a few ingredients! So get your best feta & olive oil ready to enjoy this delicious whipped feta dip all summer!
Are Goat Cheese & Feta the Same Thing?
Absolutely not. As you probably guessed, goat cheese is made with goat milk, whereas feta is made with sheep milk. Feta is also typically kept in brine to preserve it, and goat cheese can be found in air-tight packaging!
The texture of the two are also very different, as goat cheese is softer like a block of cream cheese, and feta is like crumbly firm tofu!
Lastly, the flavours of the two are very different. Goat cheese has a more tangy flavour and can scare many people off. On the other hand, feta is more salt & less aggressive, making it perfect for whipped dips 😏.
What Can I Use For Toppings?
For my greek feta dip, I decided to go with tomatoes. Tomatoes help cut some of the salt, so you’re left with a creamy dip. I also added garlic to my tomatoes, which paired perfectly with the feta!
Alternatives you could do are olives; however, definitely watch the salt here! You could also do a cucumber salad to help lighten up the dip!
Lastly, I added extra olive oil to the top; this was really for the presentation and unnecessary.
Don’t have a lot of time to bake your bread? No problem! My favourite bread hack is to just toast your bread in the toaster. It gives you similar results and tastes just as good!
Whipped Greek Feta
- 200g feta
- 1/2 cup extra virigin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/3 tsp oregano
For Bread & Tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virigin olive oil
- 1 baguette
- In a food processor add your feta & spices and blend for 30 seconds.
- In a measuring bowl with a spout slowly add your olive oil while your feta is blending. Blend for about two minutes.
- Once you get that nice creamy texture put your feta in the fridge to chill
For Tomatoes & Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Slice your tomatoes and add to a baking dish with 1 tbsp olive oil & 1 minced garlic clove
- Cook your tomatoes for 20 minutes in the oven
- Slice your baguette into slices & lightly brush with olive oil on both sides.
- Cook in the oven for 5-7 minutes on both sides.