Welcome to another recipe by an amateur home cook for you to try! Today we’re talking about air fryer sweet potato fries with garlic aioli sauce- the perfect pairing to any summer meal!
Air fryer sweet potato fries are a super-easy way to make a classic side without losing any of the deliciousness of using an oven. I decided to pair it with a super easy (healthier) garlic aioli using low-fat mayo instead of traditional full fat for this recipe.
Alternatively, I added an actual healthy dipping sauce and my personal favourite, garlic or spicy hummus. Believe me when I say hummus makes the PERFECT pairing with sweet potato fries and is WAY healthier than any other dipping sauce you’re using (and it’s vegan).
With all that being said, ready to get into it?
Let's Get Cooking
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Today we're talking about air fryer sweet potato fries with garlic aioli sauce- the perfect pairing to any summer meal!
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Oil Olive
- 1 TSP Cayenne
- 1 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1/2 Cup Low-Fat Mayo
- 1 Minced Garlic Clove
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- Begin by peeling your potatoes (this is a must; don't skip this).
- Cut your sweet potatoes into matchsticks, trying to keep them about the same size. Once cut, add to a bowl.
- Fill your bowl with water making sure ALL sweet potatoes are covered. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Drain your water and pat your sweet potatoes dry.
- In your bowl, add the rest of your ingredients (not the garlic aioli ingredients) and mix until all your sweet potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place your sweet potatoes in your air fryer, making sure they are not overlapping. You may need to do more than one batch.
- Set your air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 10 minutes. You don't have to flip them.
- If you are doing more than one batch, set your oven to 170 and let your cooked fries hang out until the rest are done.
- Mince your garlic, and add all your ingredients to a bowl and stir until completely combined. Done
** If you're looking for a healthy dipping sauce, I recommend using garlic OR spicy hummus. It's delicious together, I promise.
Calories: 307kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 3gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 780mgPotassium: 546mgFiber: 5gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 21679IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 53mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!