I was watching a TikTok the other day about how health & fitness is often a privilege, and a lot of people choose not to live a healthy lifestyle because they simply can’t afford it. And I believe that to be true.
The Visual Recipe
First Things First: Take your meat out an HOUR (at least) before cooking, so it has time to thaw. If not, microwave for 1 minute on each side (I do it all the time, you probably shouldn’t do it this way). I got my meat in a 4 pack from the store that was only $10!
Step 2: Measure everything out as you see above. Once you have everything ready to roll, the recipe goes a lot faster.
Step 3: Chop Chop those mushrooms & asparagus as below. Try and cut them the same size, so they cook evenly.
Step 3.1: Mince your Ginger and Garlic as per the picture below.
Step 5: Cook the turkey on medium-high until brown and set aside. This should take about 5-6 minutes. When setting aside, leave the turkey juice in the pan to cook your veggies.
Step 6: Mix your sauce ingredients together and set them aside. Mix in your soy sauce, garlic, ginger, garlic chilli sauce, and honey in a jar or glass and set aside. Around this time, your rice should be done, just set it aside and turn off the burner.
Step 7: Cook your veggies on medium for 10 minutes.
Step 8: With 2 minutes left for your veggies, add your turkey & sauce and stir. Let everything hang out for a couple of minutes, and you’re ready to enjoy!
Step 9: Serve, post it on Insta, and enjoy! I did 1/2 cup(ish) cooked rice and one scoop of stir fry mix per serving.
Let's Get Cooking
Asparagus, Mushroom & Turkey Stir Fry with Garlic Chili Honey Sauce
- 1 Brussel of Asparagus
- 1 Pack of Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 Cup Rice
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey
- 2 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2 TSP Garlic Chilli Sauce
- 1 TBSP Ginger
- 1 Minced Garlic Cloves
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Take your turkey out ahead of time, and ensure it's thawed for cooking time.
- Measure out all of your ingredients, so they're ready to go.
- Chop your asparagus & mushrooms into bite-size pieces and set them aside.
- Mince Garlic & Ginger & set them aside.
- On High, bring 1 1/2 cup water to a boil or per your rice package instructions. Once boiling, add in your rice and turn it down to low.
- On medium-high, add in a splash of oil & cook your turkey until brown and set aside. Leave turkey juice in the pan.
- While your turkey is cooking, mix your soy sauce, garlic, ginger, garlic chilli sauce & honey.
- On medium, add in your vegetables and cook for 10 minutes. Add in a pinch of salt to release water.
- With 2 minutes left on your veggies, add your turkey & sauce in and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn the stove off and serve! 1/2-2/3 rice & 1 scoop of stir fry per serving.