Welcome back to another healthy recipe provided by an amateur home cook! Today’s featured recipe is a healthy 20-minute ginger garlic stir fry with chicken! This recipe is the perfect meal to meal prep, make for family dinner, or start your healthy living journey.
Why Stir Fry Should Be A Go-To
When it comes to healthy eating, stir-fries are one of the ultimate recipes you can really never get sick of. There are so many variations in making stir-fries, like changing up the meat and veggies.
My recommendation for meat is to interchange between turkey, chicken and beef (when you want to splurge). By switching up the meat, you’re getting some variation in calories (since beef has more calories than chicken and turkey), and of course, the flavour of the stir fry will change as well.
When it comes to veggies switching up what you add will change the whole experience. Regardless of what the recipe says, you can always toss in some different veg to get all those nutrients in.
Lastly, when it comes to stir-fry, the options are just endless. There are 100s of sauce combinations you can make to have a delicious, quick healthy meal. Stir Fry is perfect for meal prepping or for serving families and, in my opinion, comes with minimal clean-up!
With that being said, ready to get into it?
Let's Get Cooking
20-Minute Garlic Ginger Stir Fry
- 1/2 Package Egg Noodles
- 1 Rotesserie Chickedn
- 4-5 Cups Mixed Vegetables
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 2 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 TBSP Fresh Ginger
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Chilies Optional
- Cut up your mixed veg in a bowl and set aside. Mince your garlic & ginger and add into a glass measuring cup.
- In your glass measuring cup, combine your chicken stock cube, brown sugar, water, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger.
- Add water to a pot as per egg noodle package instructions and set on high.
- Set your stove to medium, get a large pan and add in your oil & chillies. Once aromatic, add in your veggies, sprinkle with salt and set a timer for 8 minutes.
- As your veggies are cooking, start disassembling your chicken and cutting it into bite-sized pieces (avoid the bones and skin). At this point, your water should be boiled, so add in your noodles (they should cook within 3 minutes).
- Once your 8-minute timer is done, add your sauce & chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes. If your noodles are done early, let them hang out in the pot, but turn the burner off.
- Once everything is complete, use a set of tongs to get your noodles in your pan. Give it a stir, and serve!