Welcome back to another amateur recipe you can make right at home. If I can do it, so can you!
Today we’re talking about healthy pumpkin soup with coconut milk- the ultimate warm-you-up meal on a cool fall day. This recipe is made with a touch of curry & ginger, a splash of coconut milk, and your favourite harvest veggies to make this a delicious vegan meal you’ll be making over & over again!
Ready to get into it?
Let’s Talk About Pumpkin Soup
Let's Get Cooking
Healthy Pumpkin Soup With Coconut Milk
We're talking about healthy pumpkin soup with coconut milk- the ultimate warm-you-up meal on a cool fall day. This recipe is made with a touch of curry & ginger, a splash of coconut milk, and your favourite harvest veggies to make this a delicious vegan meal you'll be making over & over again!
- 1 Acorn Squash Butternut or Pumpkin works
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 5 Cups Water
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 Vegetable Stock Cubes You can use chicken for non-vegan
- 1 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Curry Powder
- 1/2 TSP Paprika
- Begin by peeling your sweet potato, carrots & squash and chopping into cubes. Ideally, try and keep them the same size.
- Mince your garlic & ginger, and add in a large pot with your olive oil. Set your stove to medium and cook until aromatic.
- Add in your vegetables & stir for a few moments. Next, add in your salt, brown sugar, curry powder & paprika and let cook for a minute.
- Add in your water, bay leaf & stock cubes, and cook on medium-low for 30 minutes.
- Once your timer is up, use an immersion blender until your soup is completely smooth.
- Add in half of your can of coconut milk and blend until combined.
- Get your favourite bowl, take an instagramable pic & enjoy!
Calories: 202kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 3gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 994mgPotassium: 729mgFiber: 5gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 13637IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 88mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!