Welcome back to another amateur recipe by a home cook. If I can do it, so can you!
If you’re planning on freezing your burritos for later, make sure you wrap them tightly in your tin foil. Store in a freezer-safe back for up to 6 months (don’t forget about them!)
For Meal Prepping
If you plan on meal prepping, I HIGHLY recommend NOT adding sauce (like salsa or sour cream) inside your burritos with the rest of your ingredients; this will make them soggy. I also suggest putting your lettuce down first to help act as a barrier for the other ingredients.
Let’s Talk About This Easy Chicken Burrito Recipe
You know that long-winded chat about the recipe most websites put at the beginning? I put it after for those who actually want to read it. So with that being said, let’s talk about this easy chicken burrito recipe!
First things first. Why chicken over beef? Well, chicken has a lot less fat than beef, which will leave you with a healthier option. Because there’s less fat also means that you’re left with a less greasy burrito, aka your burrito, won’t get as soggy so quickly.
Secondly, I don’t believe in putting rice in burritos (unless it’s vegan/vegetarian) because you’re already getting enough calories from the wrap & meat that I see rice has wasted calories you could be using on other things.
This is a super easy recipe if you’re trying to make dinner for families or you’re looking for an alternative to your classic taco night. This recipe is such a good way to get all your 4 food groups, tons of vitamins and minerals, and will definitely keep you full for the day to come.
Are you ready to try it for yourself? If you have questions, feel free to drop them below, and enjoy your delicious chicken burritos!
Let's Get Cooking
Easy Chicken Burrito Recipe
- 6 Whole Grain Burritos
- 1 Pound Ground Chicken
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet
- 1 Sweet Pepper
- 1 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese
- 1 Large Tomato
- 1 Jalapeno
- 3/4 Cup Black Beans
- Handful of Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- 3/4 Cup Corn
- Sour Cream
- Begin by cooking your chicken & peppers on medium heat until your chicken is mostly white.
- Once mostly white, add in your minced garlic clove & taco seasoning. Next, add in the recommended amount of water as per the instructions on your seasoning packet, and cook until the water evaporates.
- While your chicken is cooking, begin prepping your veggies & cheese: dice your tomato, lettuce, and jalapeno. Next, grate your cheese, and strain your beans.
- If you plan on freezing or meal prepping your burritos, wait until your chicken is cooled before folding your burritos.
- Set a large pan to medium-low; before filling your tortilla, individually place your tortilla in your pan for 3 seconds on each side. This makes it easier to fold.
- Add your ingredients to the bottom half of your burrito, fold, and wrap in tin foil!
- Take an instagramable pic, get your serving sauces and enjoy!